Patricia Tyler, RN - Executive Consultant, CVIS Specialist
Patricia Tyler, R.N., CFA Executive Consultant, specializes in optimizing clients’ Cardiovascular Information Systems (CVIS) technology to support and improve the clinical workflow and operational efficiency in cardiology and cardiac catheterization (cath) lab. As CVIS project team leader, Ms. Tyler leads a consulting team that focuses on expert template design, customization and modification, systems integration, staff and physician education, training and implementation of process optimization and achieving structured reporting within the cardiology and cardiac cath lab working environment.
Patricia has developed and implemented many new clinical and informatics programs designed to assist hospitals with their cardiovascular, quality and patient safety workflow processes and performance improvement projects.
Some highlights of Ms. Tyler’s cardiovascular administrative and nursing background include:
- Cardiovascular Solutions Director for the Western Zone for Siemens Healthcare
- Director of Performance Improvement for VHA, West Coast
- Director of Education & Development for Clinical Quality, Tenet Healthcare
- National Senior Manager Clinical Effectiveness for American Heart Association
- Regional Director Performance Improvement for American Heart AssociationDirector of Cardiovascular Services for a 500+ bed acute care teaching hospital
- Direct work experience in ICU/CCU, Cardiac Cath Lab, Emergency Room, Coordinator of an Outpatient Cardiac Rehab, Case Manager for the Cardio-pulmonary unit, Quality Improvement and Cardiovascular Surgery Nurse Coordinator.
- Recipient of a Cardiovascular Health Fellowship with the American Hospital Association Health Forum
Ms. Tyler has published several manuscripts and abstracts on cardiovascular performance improvement and has presented at national conferences for the following:
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American Hospital Association
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab
- Institute of Healthcare Improvement
- Preventative Cardiovascular Nurses Association
- American Association of Cardiovascular Administrators