John Meyer - Senior Manager
Mr. Meyer has over 30 years of healthcare, hospital and consulting experience in hospital administration, strategic business development and marketing.
He has extensive experience as vice president of planning and vice president of marketing for Southern California hospitals including community, tertiary, non-profit and proprietary.
Specializing in strategic planning, market strategy development and service line development, he has gained considerable expertise in the specialty service lines including cardiovascular, advanced imaging, orthopedics, neurosciences and oncology. He has consulted nationally with hospitals, healthcare systems, physician groups and emerging healthcare businesses.
Education and Publishing
Mr. Meyer earned a Master's Degree in Hospital Administration from the University of California at Berkeley and is a recertified Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives. He has published and lectured extensively.
He is the co-author of several American Hospital Association (AHA) publications and one HealthLeader's Media publication including:
- Using Standard Treatment Protocols to Manage Costs and Quality of Hospital Services
- Centers of Excellence - An Assessment Tool for Cardiovascular and Orthopedic Programs
- The Future of Specialty Care Services - Forming Integrated Specialty Service Organizations and Specialty Networks
- Successful Management Strategies in Cardiovascular Services; and CathPlan, a computerized planning tool for cardiac catheterization laboratory development.
- The Complete Guide to Strategic Marketing for the Cardiovascular Service Line
“With more than four decades in the field, I have witnessed tremendous change in healthcare and in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. My challenge as a consultant is to help our clients understand and embrace and successfully integrate this inevitable change in a positive way.”
- John Meyer, Sr Manager